Saturday, March 2, 2013

The rebuild.

 
I thought I would start with just a few pictures of the rebuild of Eileens brothers bicycle.  I wish I could have known Jimmy, and its not strange to me that I felt in a sense a small connection with him as I worked in my workshop for hours, rebuilding his old Schwinn Caliente 10 speed road bike.  It was rusted and damaged, from years of storage, but a little TLC and 47 yrs of know how breathed new life into this second time around, pride and joy.  Thank you Eileen, and thank you Jimmy.
 
 


Carbon black paint and pearl white frame, some custom graphics and a lot of scrubbing and polishing!  It rode great and inspired me to push my self.  My furthest ride on it was 60 miles, before the new bicycle.  Look after it James !!

No comments:

Post a Comment